There is so much I want to say to round out 2012. This year had been a mixed bucket. On one hand it has been amazing with projects I have been involved in such as new monster, The Oncoming Storm Podcast and even this blog. I have made some of the best friends I have ever known and I have tried vending at toy shows, which is something I have always wanted to do. It has been a very fulfilling year.
On the other hand it has been filled with odd little tragedies. My parents house got hit by a Tornado, my grandfather had a pretty bad heart attack (he survived). But in the end every one was ok and every thing worked out. So all of those personal tragedies worked out in the end.
Almost a year ago I posted on this blog that I wanted to do stuff in the new year. I wanted to finish things and be proud of them. I have done that. I am extremely proud of the accomplishments I made this year. I was tired of having tons of ideas and not following through. I began to follow through and I feel great about it. Could I improve? Yes. I already have a box full of projects to be worked on next year. In the mean time I have been taking a step back enjoying everything that happend in 2012.
But as I did last year I want to set some goals for myself. The goal I set for myelf last year was open ended and a bit vague (I tend to do that so I can't categorize my failure to comply :) ) This year I am willing to state a few more specific goals. I want to add an addendum here though: These are not resolutions - I don't believe in resolutions, instead they are goals. That worked last year and It will work again. . . I hope.
1) and this has been a secret priority for some time. I have been developing a fictional world for about 12 years, it has just been sitting in my head and on paper and in notebooks all of this time. Earlier this year I decided to try to do something with it. I have been developing a comic to get some of it out. I have been fighting weather or not to draw it myself OR to find an artist. At the moment I am drawing it myself. . . that might change tomorrow. . . but regardless I am putting at least one issue out this year!
2) More new monster! Last year I said that it was the year of the new monster and for us it was. We had a blast. in the new year you can expect to see more Collecting Nostalgia, more convention coverage and maybe even more vlogs!
3) One things that viewers of this blog will see is more stuff for sale online. I hope to be doing a kind of online "purge" of some of my stuff. so keep an eye out for that and you may find some incredible deals on things.
4) Starting a local show. I have been in talks with some other locals in this area and we are on target to get some local toy/comic shows going hopefully they will be goos.
5) LAst but not least This blog! I have neglected this blog for the second half of the year, but I hope to get back to it. I did such a good job updating at the beginning of the year and then I let it go, I hope to be back to normal soon.
Those are the things right on top, of course there are more, but a few of those are taking a lot of my time and thought at the moment. SO be on the lookout for some of these things coming soon.
Als, Thanks to every one who has read this blog and have been supportive of me. I kind of stumbled into this collecting/ popculture/ blogging community and you guys all really let me be part of it. I have tried other communities before and it felt so hard to break in. I am extremely happy to be part of this community!